8 DAYS • 5 DAYS CYCLING • 324KM
Join us this October in Israel as we cycle in remembrance and solidarity from iconic Jerusalem to the beach resort of Eilat. Take an emotional journey through breath-taking desert landscapes, exciting cycle tunnels, and long glorious roads. Our itinerary will include world-famous historic sites and some newly-created memorials – including the Nova Festival site.
We can’t wait to get back (and give back) to Israel and have been working hard behind the scenes to navigate the additional logistical, security and insurance measures needed to make this trip a reality.
We’re hopeful. The challenge…inspirational. Everything is ready – we’re just waiting for the final nod. Are you with us?
- Five consecutive days of cycling from Jerusalem to Eilat
- A unique and emotional journey that touches many of the areas affected by recent events
- A ride alongside the people we support
- An opportunity to give back to Israel through involvement in a number of in-country initaitives
- Enjoy a much needed celebratory finish in Eilat
- Airport transfers if taking the recommended flight/meeting at the scheduled times
- Accommodation. 5 nights twin-sharing in local kibbutz with two nights in good standard hotel in Eilat. Limited singles available on request, subject to availability and at an additional charge
- All meals on cycling days
- Fully supported ride with organised waterstops, lead rider, mechanics, support vehicles and medic
- FREE Norwood cycling jersey
What's not included
- Your flights (international/internal). We will advise on the recommended flights following registration. You will be flying into Ben Gurion, Tel Aviv. You will finish your challenge in Eilat
- Bike Hire (though this can be arranged for you)
- Airport transfers outside of the times of meeting the recommended group flight
- Personal cycling equipment and kit
- Travel insurance
- Any personal expenses, drinks, tips and gratuities
How challenging is it?
This is a challenging ride with some long daily distances, challenging climbs and up to 8 hours in the saddle. Ideally you should be a keen cyclist, enjoy training and ride regularly. You need to have a good level of endurance with an ability to sustain the level of effort required over a period of days. You should be used to doing long rides in the countryside of 6 hours +. You should be doing regular exercise – with some serious cycle training.
Why choose Norwood?
We estimate that 1 in 4 people will need the help of Norwood during their lifetime.
The funds you raise will help us provide support to hundreds of adults, children and families in crisis, with physical, social, emotional or learning disabilities or autism – it will help transform lives.