9 DAYS • 6 DAYS CYCLING • 594KM
In belated celebration of Israel’s 75th year of Independence, we’re returning home for one of our most iconic cycling challenges ever – Israel North to South.
With a refreshed look but still starting from its most northern tip, we’ll be traversing the length of Israel to its most southern tip of Eilat – taking on a staggering 594km over 6 days of cycling.
From the upper Galilee to the Negev desert, you will witness the landscape change dramatically, from green forests, rivers, and lakes, to colourful geological features all the way to the clear waters of the Red Sea. But this ride is not all about nature. You will ride through sleepy desert towns, dine with locals at a kibbutz, visit a one-of-a-kind distillery, swim in lakes and seas and much more. By cycling the back roads, you are exposed to the real, off-tourist side of Israel.
- An iconic, break-taking road bike challenge of six consecutive days, crossing from the north to the south of Israel
- Bring your own road bike for extra comfort and pace
- Cycle through sleepy towns, archaeology sites and geological wonders – with achievable daily distances – skirting Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt
- Tour Masada a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Dine on Mediterranean cuisine, local snacks, dates, Bakllawa and Knafee
- Stay in four different kibbutzim where you can enjoy the socialist vibe
- Enjoy a much needed celebratory finish in Eilat
- Airport transfers if taking the recommended flight/meeting at the scheduled times
- Accommodation. 6 nights twin-sharing in local kibbutz with two nights in good standard hotel in Eilat. Limited singles available on request, subject to availability and at an additional charge
- All meals on cycling days
- Fully supported ride with organised waterstops, lead rider, mechanics, support vehicles and medic
- FREE Norwood cycling jersey
What's not included
- Your flights (international/internal). We will advise on the recommended flights following registration. You will be flying into Ben Gurion, Tel Aviv. You will finish your challenge in Eilat
- Bike Hire (though this can be arranged for you)
- Airport transfers outside of the times of meeting the recommended group flight
- Personal cycling equipment and kit
- Travel insurance
- Any personal expenses, drinks, tips and gratuities
How challenging is it?
This is a challenging ride with some long daily distances, challenging climbs and up to 8 hours in the saddle. Ideally you should be a keen cyclist, enjoy training and ride regularly. You need to have a good level of endurance with an ability to sustain the level of effort required over a period of days. You should be used to doing long rides in the countryside of 6 hours +. You should be doing regular exercise – with some serious cycle training.
Why choose Norwood?
We estimate that 1 in 4 people will need the help of Norwood during their lifetime.
The funds you raise will help us provide support to hundreds of adults, children and families in crisis, with physical, social, emotional or learning disabilities or autism – it will help transform lives.