Welcome to the NCC
We are a volunteer led club and a member of British Cycling, offering free guided training rides to those who are wanting to support Norwood by signing up to one of the many sponsored Norwood bike challenges* at home and abroad.
The club was started in 2007 by a group of experienced Norwood cyclists and tandem riders who over the years have taken part in many of the Norwood sponsored challenges. As seasoned challenge riders we realised the importance of keeping the cycling experience going through the year and helping fellow cyclists like you to improve your cycling proficiency, keep fit, have fun and meet like-minded cyclists. Please come along and join us. We encourage all ages and abilities from 16 years and above.
We offer a regular free training rides on the 1st Sunday of each month from Radlett.
Meet 09.00 at Newberrie Car Park (behind Budgens), Watling Street, Radlett, WD7 7JH
Depart 09.30 . This is an enjoyable ride through the leafy lanes of Hertfordshire and back to the Car Park by 12.30-13.00. Subject to numbers and leader availability we sometimes offer a faster ride alongside the steady ride.
We also have planned for 2023, three longer day rides of between 50-60miles. Please keep an eye on the site for details as they are published, or request to join the NCC whatsapp group by messaging Howard on 07973 271691.
Please note there is no vehicle or mechanical support but there is always a ride leader and back marker.
Norwood Cycle Club Rules
Your safety is our priority. Below are our club rules:
- Wearing a cycling helmet when riding with the club is mandatory. All riders must carry a spare inner tube and sufficient water.
- At all times abide by the highway code.
- The use of mobile phones while riding is not allowed
- Bikes must be deemed to be road worthy. This means working brakes, gears and tyres inflated to the correct pressure.
- Sensible fitness. All riders need to be able to ride for at least 3 hours in the saddle and be able to cover 30 miles. If you have not ridden for a few months or more this ride may not be suitable depending on your level of fitness.
Ride Registration /Disclaimer for first time rider
If you have not ridden with us before we will require you to sign a disclaimer
We strongly urge any rider to have 3rd party insurance to guard against claims made by others for any accidental damage caused by you or your cycle, and also think about insurance against theft and accidental damage.
There are 2 excellent alternatives for insurance cover
1) Cycling UK (CTC) offers an annual insurance package of £48.00 for an adult. It protects you on and off-road, including sportives, time trialling, business commuting and includes a number of other benefits.
2) British Cycling Their Insurance is available to all members, whether you are a commuter, racing cyclist or leisure rider, and is provided by a major UK cycle insurer at preferential rates.
Free Spinning Class
As well as the NCC rides, Norwood offer a free weekly spinning class every Wednesday with Kevin Gold at 19.30 at the Village Health & Fitness Centre, Centennial Ave, Centennial Park, Elstree WD6 .
It’s easy to join a class, simply email email@example.com to secure your place.
Training and rides advice
If you want some help or advice about your training and any cycling tips follow the link to the training guide here (link to training for cycle rides) or give one of our ride leaders a call
We do recommend that before joining one of the monthly Radlett rides, you do speak to us first.
To keep updated with our ride info make sure you join the NCC Velo WhatsApp group
We look forward to riding with you.
Thank you for supporting Norwood.