It’s been quite a while since we laced up our boots, packed our rucksacks and jauntily set off for a momentous climb of some mountain in a far-flung destination, but WE ARE BACK, with a new and incredibly exciting trekking challenge for 2024 – the volcanic Aeolian islands of Sicily.
Enjoy four fully supported, non-technical days of trekking, visiting the volcanic islands of Stromboli, Lipari and Vulcano before finally finishing with an iconic climb up to one of Mt Etna’s early craters.
Arrive in Catania, visit the stunning city of Taormina, bathe in some spring sunshine to boot – and all while raising funds for the people we support.
Note this is non-technical trekking challenge (no scary bits) and while it is meant to be challenging, the level is not overwhelming – a good level of fitness, plenty of hill training and the will to succeed is all you need!
- Visit and trek the Aeolian Islands of Lipari, Stromboli and Vulcano- transfer by ferry/hydrofoil
- Finish with the climb of Mount Etna
- Glorious finish with a celebratory meal at Linguaglossa
- Extend your stay to enjoy the sites at your leisure
- Airport Transfers if taking the recommended flights/meeting at the specified point and time
- 4 nights of accommodation (twin-sharing). Limited singles available on request, subject to availability and at an additional charge
- Ferries to Stromboli, Lipari, and Vulcano
- Professional, knowledgeable and safety certified trip leader/guide for the duration of your challenge
- Fully supported trek with organised water/rest stops
- Daily transfer of all luggage
- All meals – vegetarian – with the exception of lunches on non-cycling days. Celebratory meal at the end of the Challenge. Specific dietary requirements on request
- Water, snacks, fruit, & sports drinks available in support vehicles and aid stations through rides
- FREE Norwood trek t-shirt
What's not included
- International flights to and from Catania (Sicily). Flight time 3hrs 15mins
- Airport transfers outside of the times of meeting the recommended flights.
- Personal trek equipment
- Single person supplements
- Travel insurance
- Any personal expenses, coffees, tips, trips, entry fees and gratuities
How challenging is it?
This is an ACTIVE challenge requiring a good level of stamina and fitness, plus plenty of hill training. There are no technical elements to this trek, though it has been designed to be challenging but achievable by anyone as long as you fitness train beforehand – there’s nothing to be afraid of. But remember, you are trekking for four consecutive days over mixed terrain – up and downhill. The fitter you are, the more you’ll enjoy this challenge.
Why choose Norwood?
We estimate that 1 in 4 people will need the help of Norwood during their lifetime.
The funds you raise will help us provide support to hundreds of adults, children and families in crisis, with physical, social, emotional or learning disabilities or autism – it will help transform lives.
Registration & Fundraising
Places are limited on this event. To secure your place, we’ll be asking for an initial registration fee of £350 (if aged over 35) and £250 (35 or under). You will then have the option to (A) fundraise the entire balance (B) cover the costs of the challenge yourself and fundraise a minimum amount or (C) cover the entire costs of the challenge and the minimum fundraising requirement yourself.
Please watch this space for updated costs and the minimum fundraising requirement for this event. We’ll be in touch